Year: 2014
Client: Lorcan O'Neill

The project involves the conversion of the stables of Palazzo Santacroce, built by the Santacroce family between 1598 and 1668, into a multi-purpose gallery consisting of two galleries, three viewing rooms, an exhibition terrace, as well as warehouses and offices. The renovation takes the white cube exhibition tradition and adapts it to meet the historical richness of the building. The area accessible to the public is characterised by the diffuse light coming from above to allow a correct display of the works, and by the historical terracotta flooring which has been maintained.